Hey Everyone! Today’s post is all about makeup products and includes not just my makeup empties, but also some old makeup I’ve finally gotten around to getting rid of.
1. B.T. LA Compact Powder (Almond) – I bought this because the refill of the power I usually use (Maybelline, see number 3 below) was out of stock and I had run out of face powder. It’s very affordable, but was it was the type of powder that flies everywhere when you take a brush to it. Not only was it a bit messy, but I ended up using the powder up faster than I normally would. Then again, it never claimed to be a pressed powder. In terms of coverage, it had light coverage and was able to even out my skin tone. I used this mostly as a setting powder.
2. Pixy UV Whitening Two Way Cake Perfect Fit (Ivory) – I got this long ago and I really really liked this. It was affordable and had decent enough coverage that I could use it alone on days when my skin wasn’t so bad. Pity I don’t know where to buy this anymore. It was previously sold in the Philippines but they pulled out of the market.
3. Maybelline White Superfresh UV Powder Foundation refill (Honey) – This is my current go-to powder. It has pretty good coverage – similar to the Pixy one. I like that it keeps my face looking fresh. Also, you can always buy a refill when you run out, saving money and packaging.
4. Avon Ideal Flawless Pressed Powder (G04 Neutral) – I clearly have a theme with the powders. This was given to me and I really enjoyed it. It did give off a “flawless” finish to my face, but I felt that this powder didn’t have a lot of coverage. I also used this as more of a setting powder.
5. ELF Eyebrow Kit (Light) – I loved using this eyebrow kit since it’s a tinted wax and powder in one sleek package. Very convenient to bring around and I really liked how my brows looked natural and not drawn in. I also mentioned this in my 2016 empties (read about that here). I’m disappointed that ELF seems to have pulled out of the market so I wont be able to repurchase this (and other ELF stuff) unless I get it online.
6. ELF Two Way Cake Foundation SPF 15 (Beige) – This was an impulse buy really, but one that I didn’t regret. It’s affordable, has SPF, and was a pretty good product. It had light, but buildable coverage and can be applied wet or dry. The packaging was a bit bulky, but the product itself was great.
7. ELF Cream Eyeliner (Black) – This started my love for cream/gel eyeliners. This was so easy to apply and stayed on forever! I preferred this to liquid because it was less of a hassle to apply. This was also really affordable.
8. Etude House Goodbye Pore Ever Pore Primer Essence – This was another impulse purchase. I mean, who doesn’t want to get rid of their large pores? While this product did blur out my pores and give my skin a more smooth finish, I hated how it smelled. It smelled like silicone. Yes, I know most primers do have silicone but it bothered me so much that it made me not want to use the product.
9. Etude House Drawing Eyebrow pencil (01, 03) – I mentioned this in my 2017 empties (found over here). I’ve been really enjoying using these for my brows. It’s easy to use and control, and give a natural finish. The spoolie at the end also makes it convenient to use.
10. The Face Shop Lovely ME:EX Crayon Eyeliner (Black, Purple) – I bought these eyeliners many many years ago. In fact, I believe that this was the first purple eyeliner I owned (I love my purple eyeliners). However, these weren’t very smudge or waterproof and would usually end up faded or would transfer to below my eye. I eventually stopped using them and they’ve been hiding in my drawers for years. Decided to toss them already since they’re very old 🙁
11. The Face Shop Lovely ME:EX BB Cream SPF 20 – This was a very affordable BB cream and only had one shade available. I didn’t have a problem with it since it did seem to adapt to my skin tone once applied. I didn’t feel like it had amazing coverage or made my skin look super amazing. But it did make my skin color more even. A little goes a long way with this, and it took me probably a year to finish this haha!
12. ELF Eyelid Primer – This product (mentioned in 2015 and 2016 empties), is a hidden gem. It’s super affordable, and works. It keeps your shadow on all day, and is very easy to apply. It’s a no fuss product and costs less than Php 200.
13. ELF Mineral Infused Mascara – This one is another old product that I had hiding in my drawers. It’s so old, the ink on the packaging has rubbed off hahaha! That aside, this was a nice mascara for those going for a natural look. It defined your lashes without being dramatic. I loved using this for days when I didn’t want to look like I was wearing a lot of makeup.
14. Burts Bees Lip Balm (Honey, Acai Berry) – For those of you who don’t know, I have very sensitive lips. I have allergies that are easily triggered and then my lips look like hell for weeks. That said, I’m very picky with lip balm. Burt’s bees lip balms sooth my poor lips and keep them hydrated. I love the scent of the Acai one, but the Honey is my holy grail right now. It’s not the best smelling lip balm (smells like dried flowers), but my lips respond so well to this that I’m willing to put up with the smell. I have other scents, but I keep going back to the Honey one.
Wow, that was pretty long! What are your favorite/holy grail makeup products? Do you know where I can get ELF products now? Please let me know in the comments below and stay tuned for the upcoming empties posts in the next few weeks 🙂 Thank you for reading! <3